Private Carl E. Foust of Lake City was born on September 14, 1917. He was the son of Solomon and Pearl Poore Foust. Private Foust had one sister, Edna Foust. He enlisted in the military on January 6, 1942 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He served in the European theater of war in the Field Artillery. He was killed in action on December 28, 1944 in Belgium. He was buried in Leach Cemetery on April 18, 1948. Funeral services were held at Fraterville Baptist Church and the American Legion was in charge at the grave.
37th Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division, Battery B
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 September 1917
- Date of death: 28 December 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 37th Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Leach Cemetery, Lake City, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl E. Foust
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.