Carey Gleason Peterson was born 19 November 1895, Coal Creek, Anderson County, Tennessee to C.C. and Julia W. Peterson. He entered the service in July 1917 in Knoxville, TN and trained at Camp Sevier in Greenville, South Carolina. He sailed to Europe on May 2, 1918 arriving on May 23.
He died 28 February 1919 in Lemans, France.
Cpl Peterson was initially buried in France. He is buried at the Knoxville National Cemetery, C-16, 3631.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 19 January 1895
- Date of death: 28 February 1919
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Caryville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Ypres, Argonne Forest, Hindenburg Line
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carey G. Peterson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.