Roy L. Campbell was born on 12 November 1921. Son of Tilmon Campbell and Mossie Brooks. Hometown Cave Spring.
Served with the 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. He was killed on 30 April 1943 during combat near Mateur, Tunisa in the assault on Hill 523. Buried at Cave Springs Baptist Church Cemetery in Cave Spring, Claiborne County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 November 1921
- Date of death: 30 April 1943
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: Cave Spring
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: North Africa
- Conflict: Word War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cave Springs Baptist Church Cemetery, Cave Spring, Claiborne County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy L. Campbell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.