Calvin Coolidge Rowland died non battle in Georgia. He entered the Army in May, 1943 and has since served five months overseas with the 94th Infantry Division, where he was awarded the Purple Heart for wounds received in action. He also wears an Oak Leaf Cluster, One Battle Star and the ETO Ribbon. He was the son of John Robert Rowland and Clarabelle Fleenor. Husband of Nell M. Poe.
Rogersville Review, March 22, 1945
Mrs. Calvin C. Rowland has received the Purple Heart awarded her husband, Pvt. Calvin C. Rowland of Surgoinsville, Tenn., who was slightly wounded February 2, 1945, somewhere in Germany. He has been serving with the 302 Infantry division since June, 1944.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 October 1922
- Date of death: 20 August 1945
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Surgoinsville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 94th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster, Battle Star, ETO Ribbon
- Burial/Memorial Location: Liberty Hill Cemetery, Mount Carmel, Hawkins County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Calvin C. Rowland
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.