Private Caleb F. Crabtree #34281979 US Army, was assigned to the 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division.
He was born in 1914 in Fentress County Tennessee, the Son of James W. Crabtree and Kansas O. Duncan Crabtree. He had a brother, Cletus M. Crabtree. He was enlisted at Fort Oglethorpe Georgia on the 22nd of April 1942.
The 9th Division on the 30th of January 1945 launched its assault across the Roer River pushing towards the Rhine River where it crossed on the bridge at Remagen on 7 March 1945.
Pvt Crabtree was killed in action on the 28th of February 1945. He is interred at Henri-Chapelle America Cemetery, Belgium, located in E,12,42.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 28 February 1945
- County: Fentress
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Caleb F. Crabtree
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.