Charles Kirk McClure Jr.
Captain Air Corps
Charles K. McClure enlisted on 16 March 1941 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia as an Aviation Cadet with the Air Corps. He married Mary Catherine Benziger in Hamilton County, TN on 18 April 1942. He was stationed at Chatham AAF in Georgia and Pilot of aircraft B-24J #42-50946 when he died non battle. The aircraft was reported as missing in a crash of the coast, 70 Miles NE of Daytona Beach, Florida.
Captain Charles K. McClure
Flight Officer Robert Adams
1st Lt Stuart W. Cowan
2nd Lt Robert F. Glennon
Cpl Paul D. Demarest Jr.
Cpl Rubio Edwards
Cpl Gordon W. Lawie
Cpl Jesse J. Vaughn
Cpl Peter S. LaRocca
- Rank: Captain
- Date of birth: 21 April 1916
- Date of death: 16 December 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Air Corps
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: At sea
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles Kirk McClure Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.