Byron Goins was the son of Riley Ross Goins and Eliza Jane Queener.
Sergeant Byron L. Goins #14041368 US Army was assigned to the 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division. The 8th Regiment went ashore on 6th of June 1944 across Utah Beach led by Gen Teddy Rosevelt Jr. The Division moved inland to support and reinforce the 82nd and 101st Airborne units. It then began the offensive to take the Cotentin Peninsula.
Sgt Goins was killed in action on 15th of June 1944. He was interred in the Normandy American Cemetery, G,4,20, Colleville-sur Mer, France.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 14 November 1922
- Date of death: 15 June 1944
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Jacksboro
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Byron L. Goins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.