Burman Howard Maine was born 8 January 1925
Killed in Action 1 February 1945
Son of Benjamin Harrison Maine and Hattie L. Thomas
Sgt Maine is buried at Maine-Miller Cemetery, Johnson County, Tennessee.
The Johnson County, News, September 14, 1944
Pvt. Burman H.Maine, 19, was slightly wounded in action in France July 28. The War Department has notified his parents, Mr. and Mrs. B.H. Maine, of Trade. The Young soldier, who has been in an infantry division overseas since May of this year. He entered service September 24, 1943. He trained at Camp Wheeler, Ga., and Fort George Meade, Md., before going overseas.
The Johnson County News
We regret to have to announce that another blue star in our county has turned to gold. Burman Maine, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Maine, Trade, in service about a year, overseas six months and holder of the Purple Heart award for a previous wound, was killed in action March 2, in Germany.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 8 January 1925
- Date of death: 1 February 1945
- County: Johnson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Maine-Miller Cemetery, Johnson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Burman H. Maine
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.