Died age 25.
Burl (also Beryl) Dyer was born on November 7, 1891. His hometown was Courtland, Tennessee. Prior to joining the military, he was employed as a laborer at the New River Lumber Company in Norcross, Tennessee. He was the son of Alexander Dyer and Minervan Jane Shannon. He succumbed to pneumonia at the Base Hospital, Camp Sevier, SC.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 November 1891
- Date of death: 16 February 1918
- County: Scott
- Hometown: Courtland
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lone Mountain Cemetery, Scott County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Burl Dyer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.