Buddy J. Wells served on the U.S.S. Mattole. He was reported as missing presumably when the ML was swamped the night of 27 February 1942 at Bermuda.
Buried in Knoxville National Cemetery on December 20, 1947 (Section B, Plot 6710)
Wife: Mrs. Dorothy Bernice Wells, 137 Booth Street, Knoxville
- Rank: Coxswain
- Date of birth: 18 October 1918
- Date of death: 27 February 1942
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Mattole
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Buddy J. Wells
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.