Bruce William Clevenger was born on 19 October 1927
Buried at Shiloh Methodist Church Cemetery, Rutledge, TN
Private First Class Clevenger was a member of the 19th Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in South Korea.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, July 29, 1950
Pfc. Bruce W. Clevenger, a 23-year-old graduate of Halls High School and a former member of the YMCA wrestling team here, was reported missing yesterday. Pfc. Clevenger is the brother of Mrs. E.W. Crawley, Halls Cross Roads, with whom he had lived since he was 10 years old. He is also the brother of Curtis Clevenger, Halls Cross Roads; Donald and Ralph Clevenger, Rutledge and Mrs. Burl Solmon, Dandridge. Before entering service he was employed by Sanitary Laundry here, where his brother-in-law, E.W. Crawley, now Works. Relatives said he had been in the Army for about two years and in the Far East since last Christmas. He was serving with the 24th Infantry Division.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 October 1927
- Date of death: 16 July 1950
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Rutledge
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 19th Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shiloh Methodist Church Cemetery, Rutledge, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bruce W. Clevenger
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.