Seaman 2c Bruce Robert Alley joined the US Navy at the age of 18. His father was John Fleedwood Alley of 615 Holston Avenue in Bristol, Tennessee. His mother was Florence Lillian Ross. He enlisted at Nashville, Tennessee on 19 March 1917. He died of disease at the Naval Hospital, Norfolk, Virginia on 4 June 1917.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 23 September 1899
- Date of death: 4 June 1917
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS New Hampshire
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Whitaker Alley Cemetery, Pound, Wise County, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bruce R. Alley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.