Bruce Burkhart began his military career at Camp Gordon, GA, Juny 24, 1918. Sailed for France August 1918 and upon his arrival was assigned to the First Army Corps, School Detachment. Private Burkhart died in France as a result of pneumonia and influenza. He was initially buried at the American Cemetery at Gondrecourt, Meuse in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 March 1896
- Date of death: 5 November 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters 1st Corps School Detachment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bruce Burkhart
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.