Jesse (also Jessie) Broyles was born 1894 in Georgia to Austin and Carrie Broyles of Chattanooga, TN.
He was killed in action on 27 September 1918.
At the time of his enlistment he resided at Cincinnati, Ohio and entered the service on 4 August 1918, joining the National Army LB 7 at Cincinnati, Ohio. He was assigned with the Training Battalion 158 Depot Brigade to 22 August 1918, with the American Expeditionary Forces, Company A 813th Pioneer Infantry Regiment from 15 September 1918 till 27 August 1918. He died of Broncho Pneumonia on 27 September 1918.
Buried Cypress Hills National Cemetery, Brooklyn, NY.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 April 1894
- Date of death: 27 September 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 813th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cypress Hills National Cemetery, Brooklyn, NY
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jesse Broyles
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.