Private Hurley Boyd Rucker was a member of the 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division.
Private Rucker was awarded the Purple Heart, the Combat Infantrymans Badge, the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal.
The Knoxville Journal, January 11, 1952
Pvt. Hurley Boyd Rucker, aged 22, son of Mr. and Mrs Harley B. Rucker, of Erie Community, near Sweetwater, was killed Sept. 28, 1951 in Korea, while serving with Company E, 23rd Infantry Regiment. Besides his parents he is survived by one sister, Mrs. Lloyd Wicker, and one brother, James Rucker, both of Erie.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 August 1929
- Date of death: 28 September 1951
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Erie
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Luminary Cemetery, Blue Springs, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Boyd Rucker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.