Bobby Joe Quinn
MOS 11H10 Infantry Direct Fire Crewman
Length Service 00
Unit HHC, 1st Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, USARV
Start Tour 29 November 1966
Incident Date 9 January 1967
Casualty Date 9 January 1967
Age at Loss 23
Location Bien Hoa Province, South Vietnam
Remains Body recovered
Casualty Type Hostile, died outright
Casualty Reason Ground casualty
Casualty Detail Gun or small arms fire
Vietnam Wall Panel 14E Line 002
Kingsport News, 11 January 1967
Morristown – The family of PFC Bobby Joe Quinn, 24, Morristown, was informed Tuesday by the Defense department of his death Monday by hostile action in Vietnam.
Quinn, believed to the first local casualty in the war, is survived by his wife, Saundra, and his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Quinn.
The Defense Department telegram said he was killed by a hostile mine and small arms fire while on a road clearing project. He had been in the service since last July.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 22 March 1943
- Date of death: 9 January 1967
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Combat Infantry Badge Purple Heart National Defense Service Medal viet Service Medal viet Campaign Medal
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bobby J. Quinn
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.