Bobby Gene Walker
Born 18 March 1933
Private First Class Walker was a member of the 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea.
Buried at Mountain View Cemetery, Jefferson City, TN.
Jefferson County Standard, July 12, 1951
Pfc. Bobby Gene Walker, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles A. Walker, recently moved to the Mt. Horeb community Jefferson City, lost his life in action on the Korean front May 27, 1951. He was buried in the American Ccemetery in the Pusan sector.
Pfc. Walker attended Evarts High School, Evarts, Ly., and was inducted into service August, 1950. He received his training at Camp Carson, Colorado, and was sent overseas in March. He is survived by his parents, three sisters, Mrs. Katheryn Minton, Route 1; Mrs. Earl Biletz, Knoxville and Miss Shirley Walker, Jefferson City; grandfather Patton Colley, Jefferson City; aunt Mrs. Fred Lunce, 510 Mountcastle Street, Jefferson City; uncles Sam Colley, Tallbott; Palmer Colley, Strawberry Plains. Four other uncles are in the Nation’s service.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 March 1933
- Date of death: 27 May 1951
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Jefferson City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mountain View Cemetery, Jefferson City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bobby G. Walker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.