Birdie McKinley Turner was born 3 November 1896, Manson, Tennessee to Andrew Jackson and Arteny Turner. He entered the service September 5, 1918 at Jamestown, TN and trained at Camp Wadsworth, Spartanburg, S.C.
Private Turner served in Company D, 57th Pioneer Infantry. He died of pneumonia on October 9, 1918 in France.
Pvt Turner was initially buried in Cemetery 531, American Cemetery Lambazellec, Commune of Finistère, France. Buried at Arlington National Cemetery, Euro, 86.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 November 1896
- Date of death: 9 October 1918
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Manson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 57th Pioneer Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Birdie M. Turner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.