Specialist 4th Class Billy Joe Patterson of Nashville was born on December 9, 1945. He was the son of Robert Mitchell Patterson and Mattie Clara Walker Patterson. He had one brother, Ralph Gale Patterson.
Specialist 4th Class Patterson served in the military for one year. His tour in Vietnam began on December 12, 1966. He served as an Armor Reconnaissance Specialist in the B Troop, 3rd Squadron, 5th Cavalry, 9th Infantry Division. He died of wounds at the age of 21 on April 19, 1967 in Tay Ningh, South Vietnam. His cause of death is listed as a hostile, ground casualty resulting from burns. He is buried in Nashville National Cemetery.
- Rank: Specialist 4th Class
- Date of birth: 9 December 1945
- Date of death: 19 April 1967
- County: Anderson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 5th Cavalry, 9th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Nashville National Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: In loving memory from your niece, Deborah Henley!
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.