Private First Class Billy Franklin Mooneyham was born on March 5, 1943, and was originally from Pikeville, Tennessee. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Army, as an infantryman in C Company, 2nd Battalion, 27th Infantry, 25th Infantry Division. His tour in Vietnam began on February 16, 1966. Later that year, on October 8, 1966, PFC Mooneyham was killed under hostile conditions in Hau Nghia province, South Vietnam; he was 23 years old at the time of his death. PFC Mooneyham is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 11E, Line 62.
Photo submitted by Wendell Walker.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 5 March 1943
- Date of death: 8 October 1966
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 27th Infantry, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pikeville City Cemetery, Pikeville, Bledsoe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Billy F. Mooneyham