Billie Faust Hicks
Born 28 October 1924
Died 3 April 1944
Buried at Gunnings Cemetery, Indian Springs, TN
151st Field Artillery Battalion, 34th Division
The Kingsport Times, 30 April 1944
Private Billie Faust Hicks, 19, son of Mr. and Mrs. W.D. Hicks, Route 1, Kingsport, was killed in action in Italy, April 3, according to a message recently received from the War Department by his parents.
Private Hicks, who had been in service since April 8, 1943, had been overseas since October, 1943. Private Hicks, who attended Blountville High School, was formerly employed by the Kingsport Press.
Surviving are his parents and four sister, Mary Ella Hicks, Ruth Hicks, Trula Hicks and Peggy Anne Hicks.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 October 1924
- Date of death: 3 April 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 151st Field Artillery Battalion, 34th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gunnings Cemetery, Indian Springs, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Billie F. Hicks
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.