S/Sgt Harrison was born on 24 February 1920 in Bethpage, Sumner County, TN. He was the son of Thomas Andrew and Mary Bertie Harrison and husband of Mary Evelyn (Roberts) Harrison of Belton.
He was killed in action in Germany in 1945. His remains were returned to the U.S. in 1948 and was buried at the Belton Cemetery in August, 1948.
He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal posthumously for achievement in connection with military operations against an emey of the U.S. on September 25, 1944.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 24 February 1920
- Date of death: 25 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Germany, Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Silver Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Belton Cemetery, Belton, Anderson County, South Carolina
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bethel Harrison
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.