Bethel A.D. Rich was born on 27 August 1922 at Huntsville, Alabama, the sof Marcus Green Rich and Motie Gertrude Kelley.
He died 12 March 1945 on Iwo Jima
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 4 December 1944
Marine Cple Bethel A. Rich, 22, son of Mr. and Mrs. Marcus Rich, 2220 James Avenue, has been awarded the Purple Heart medal for wounds received in action on Saipan Island, June 16, while storming a Jap strongpoint. His award was made in mass ceremonies during which 372 marines woundled in the fighting on the Mariannas received decorations. Cpl. Rich rejoined his unit July 20 in time to land on Tinian Island with the assault troops. Earlier this year he was with the Fourth Division in the capture of Roi and Namur in the Marshall Islands. He enlisted in July, 1942.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 27 August 1922
- Date of death: 12 March 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: McMinnville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 25th Marines, 4th Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gath Cemetery, Warren County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bethel A. D. Rich
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.