Bert (also spelled as Burt) Waller was born December 14, 1894 in Lenoir City. He married Edith Cross on March 30, 1918 in Anderson County. Prior to joining the military, he was living and working in Edgemoor, Tennessee. He was employed as a farm hand by J. M. Jones. During his service in World War I, Waller served in Company A, 1st Infantry. He died on October 1, 1918 of lobar pneumonia and is buried in Scarbrough Cemetery in Oak Ridge.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 December 1894
- Date of death: 1 October 1918
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Edgemoor
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 1st Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Scarbrough Cemetery, Oak Ridge, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bert Waller
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.