Bert Montgomery Jones was called to the colors in March 1918 and was assigned to Company K, 362nd Infantry, 91st Division. After short training at Camp Lewis, WA, he was ordered overseas. He was fatally wounded in the Argonne Forest on September 30, 1918, dying the following day. His rank was Private.
Born 13 April 1892, Burrville, Tennessee
Bert Jones resided at Bingham, Salt Lake County, Utah. He was the son of James M. Jones and Hannah Jane Kidd Jones of Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 April 1892
- Date of death: 1 October 1918
- County: Morgan
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 362nd Infantry Regiment, 91st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bert M. Jones
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.