Benjamin Harrison Kelley was born on 14 December 1924 to Benjamin Harrison Kelley and Susie Ella Nelson.
He was killed in action on 26 April 1945 on Okinawa.
Buried at Lynch Bethel Cemetery, Knox County, Tennessee.
Funeral services for Pfc. Benjamin H. Kelley, 21-yar-old son of Mr. and Mrs. Harrison Kelley of Byington, will ben held at Beaver Ridge Methodist Church.Private Kelleyn was killed in action while serving with Company B, 165th Infantry of the 27th Division on Okinawa on April 26, 1945. His body will arrive on an L&N train. A member of Beaver Ridge Church and a graduate of Karns High School, Private Kelley is survived by his parents; three sisters, Mrs. Cecil Fox, Maloneyville; Mrs. Clara Gallaher, Byington; Miss Dorothy Kelley, Byington; and a brother, John Kelley, Corryton.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 December 1924
- Date of death: 26 April 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Byington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 165th Infantry Regiment, 27th Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lynch Bethel Cemetery, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Benjamin H. Kelley Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.