Ben Viars was born in Lenoir City, Loudon, Tennessee to Hardin J. Viars and Ida Mariah Watson. He enlisted 29 August 1941 and died non battle in Mississippi.
The Knoxville Journal, July 20, 1943
Cpl. Ben Vieral, 24, was drowned at Columbus, Miss., July 17. Funeral services will be held at Highland park Baptist Church. Burial in Lenoir City Cemetery. Surviving are his parents, Mr. and Mrs. H.J. Vieras; one brother, Pvt. Clarence, stationed in England; two sisters, Mrs. Clyde Brown and Miss Frances, Lenoir City. Military honors will be paid at the Grave.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 30 September 1919
- Date of death: 17 July 1943
- County: Loudon
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Quartermaster Department
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lenoir City Cemetery, Lenoir City, Loudon County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ben Viars
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.