Private First Class Ben H. Church was assigned to the 47th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division. On 2 September 1944 the 9th division was the first allied unit to begin the Liberation of Belgium.
PFC Church was killed in action on 6 September 1944. He is interred at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, located in G,1,15.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 6 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 47th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ben H. Church
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.