Avery Guy Bishop was born in 1924 and served in WWI and in South Korea.
Sergeant Bishop was a member of the 34th Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy near Taejon, South Korea.
The Johnson County News, July 14, 1944
Pfc. Avery G. Bishop, age 19, son of Mr. and Mrs. M.F. Bishop of Shady Valley, received his basic training at Granite City, Illinois. Has been in the service over a year. He is now serving somewhere in France.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 24 November 1924
- Date of death: 20 July 1950
- County: Johnson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 34th Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Blevins Cemetery, Shady Valley, Johnson County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Avery G. Bishop
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.