Private First Class Austin S. Francisco, US Army, was assigned to the 143rd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division. The 36th Division was pulled out of Italy and sent North to take part in the invasion of Southern France on the 15th of August 1944. The 143rd regiment was at such a high state of trainig that the entire Regiment came ashore across Green beach and cleared the beach in 50 minutes.
PFC Francisco was killed in action on 16th of August 1944. He was interred in the Rhone American Cemetery, B,4,3 Draguignan, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 16 August 1944
- County: Claiborne
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 143rd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Rhone American Cemetery, Draguignan (Var), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Austin S. Francisco
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.