Austin P. Dale
Austin Pravis Dale was the youngest son of Julius and Molly Tilley Dale of Turtletown, Polk County, Tennessee. His siblings included Elda, Willie, Bertus, Mamie, Ester, Goldie, and Sammie Dale.
Austin enlisted in the US Army on January 14, 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia and was assigned to the 417 Infantry Regiment, 76th Infantry Division. He was promoted to the rank of Private First Class. Austin was killed in action on March 8, 1945 and was repatriated back to Tennessee after the war. Private First Class Dale was buried June 17, 1949 at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 20 October 1923
- Date of death: 8 March 1945
- County: Polk
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 417th Infantry Regiment, 76th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Austin P. Dale
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.