Austin Marion Long was born 2 December 1921 to Joseph Long and Mossie L. Johnson.
Killed in Action in France 23 January 1945 in France
He is buried at Cave Spring Cemetery, Tazewell, TN
Private First Class
7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, Company J
The Knoxville Journal, February 18, 1945
Pfc Austin M. Long, husband of Mrs. Elsie Long of Tazewell, was killed in action Jan. 23 in France, according to a War Department message recently received by his wife.
Private Long, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Long who also reside in Tazewell, entered service Jan. 26, 1945 and went overseas in July, 1944. His widow and two children, Elmer and Austin Jr., live with his parents.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 2 December 1921
- Date of death: 23 January 1945
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: Tazewell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cave Spring Cemetery, Tazewell, Claiborne County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Austin M. Long
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.