Arvel W. Maynor was born 28 March 1895, Williamsburg, Tennessee to W.T. and Linda Jane Maynor. He entered the service August 5, 1917 and trained at Camp Sevier in Greenville, South Carolina. He sailed to Europe May 11, 1918 arriving May 23. He was killed in action at the Rironelle section in France 17 October 1918. Pvt Maynor was initially buried at the British Military Cemetery, American Plot at St. Souplit, Nord, in France.
He is buried at Arlington National Cemetery, VA, Euro, 3146.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 March 1895
- Date of death: 17 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Etowah
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company L, 17th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Arvel Maynor
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.