Arthur Bert Hodge was born 7 April 1921
Died 12 August 1944
Private First Class
435th Anti Aircraft Artillery Battalion, Battery D
PFC Hodge enlisted on 5 August 1942 at Fort Oglethorpe. He was killed in action in Italy. He is buried at Rich Mountain Church Cemetery, Boone, North Carolina.
The Johnson County News, August 17, 194
Arthur Bert Hodge, Army, entered the service July 19, 1942, landed overseas April 1943. He was killed in action July 3, 1944, while serving in the Italian campaign with the 5th Army. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Jake Hodge of Butler.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 April 1921
- Date of death: 12 August 1944
- County: Johnson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 435th Anti Aircraft Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Rich Mountain Church Cemetery, Boone, NC
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Mary Kate Hodge Grindstaff
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.