Born 30 July 1919
Died of Injuries 9 January 1945 in Lierneux area, Belgium during Battle of the Bulge
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 251
Sgt Blake was initially buried at Henri-Chapelle American War Cemetery in Belgium.
I believe that I have this service member’s Purple Heart obtained indirectly through an estate sale at least 12 years ago around Chattanooga. I would like to find a family member to give it to. I do not feel right having it and have been trying to find a family member for years. Please advise if you see fit. Thank you in advance.
If you are a family member and would like this service member’s Purple Heart, please contact email@example.com
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 30 July 1919
- Date of death: 9 January 1945
- County: Rhea
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Field Artillery
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Arnold F. Blake
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.