Arlie “Pete” Spencer was killed in Cambodia.
I hope this reaches his wife Susan Spencer. I had the good fortune to serve with Pete in Vietnam in the same platoon. He was assigned to me by my company commander. I was wounded on May 5, 1970 so was not present at Pete’s passing. I was later notified of Pete’s passing and my heart was saddened, but I rejoiced knowing that one day I’d see him in heaven. We talked about the Lord often. He had a tender heart, I recall him telling me about being married to you for three days before coming to Vietnam, he so loved you. I have never forgotten Pete, his memory remains with me fresh and I have often shared stories about this really great guy. Know this Pete remains in my heart and I have often prayed for you, parents, family and friends. May God richly bless you.
–Submitted by Antonio Loya
Photo from http://www.honorstates.org
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 19 February 1949
- Date of death: 15 May 1970
- County: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 199th Infantry Brigade
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cadillac Memorial Gardens-West, Westland, Wayne County, Michigan
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Arlie Spencer Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.