Private First Class Arley B. French, US Army, was assigned to the 110th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division. The division landed across the beaches at Normandy on the 22nd of July 1944 and was sent into the fight through the hedgerows of the Normandy campaign.
PFC French was killed in action on the 2nd of August 1944. He is interred at the Normandy American Cemetery, G,18,24, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 2 August 1944
- County: Jefferson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 110th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Arley B. French
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.