Archlious Bert Brogdon was born 7 June 1922 in Knoxville, Tennessee to Lenwood French Brogdon and Clara Edna Magnolia Hansard.
He died 29 October 1944 in Germany
Buried at New Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
Private First Class
Corps Engineers, Company C, 105th Engineer Combat Battalion, 30th Infantry Division
The Knoxville Journal, 13 December 1944
Pfc. Bert Brogdon, husband of Mrs. Susie Smith Brogdon, of Blaine was killed in action in Germany, Oct. 29. The 22-year-old Purple Heart winner, a veteran of two years’ service, was the son of Mr. and Mrs. L.F. Brogdon of 626 Beaumont.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 June 1922
- Date of death: 29 October 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 105th Engineer Combat Battalion, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Archlious B. Brogdon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.