Andrew Hawkins was onboard the British troopship HMT (Her Majesties Transport) Rohna in the Mediterranean Sea. On November 26, 1943, during WWII, one thousand, one hundred and thirty eight men perished when the Rohna was attacked from the air by a German missile and destroyed in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Algeria.
He is memorialized at the Tablets of the Missing at North Africa American Cemetery, Carthage in Tunisia.
is memorialized at the North Africa American Cemetery in Tunisia and at Lot Cemetery in Lot, Whitley County, KY.
- Rank: Technician 5th Class
- Date of birth: 13 July 1910
- Date of death: 27 November 1943
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: High Cliff
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 853rd Engineer Battalion, Aviation
- Theater: Europe, North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: North Africa American Cemetery, Carthage, Tunisia; Lot Cemetery in Lot, Whitley County, KY.
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Bill and Leigh Ann Boyd
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.