Andrew Harrison Graves was born 10 January 1918 in Seymour, Tennessee
S/Sgt Graves was killed in action on 28 September 1944 on Angaur Island, Palau Islands. He is buried at Zion Hill Cemetery, Sevier County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville Journal, November 20, 1944
Staff Sgt. Andrew H. Graves, son of Mr. and Mrs. Andy Graves of Seymour, Route2, was killed in action at Palau, Sept. 28, according to word received by his wife, Mrs. Juanita Ballard of Seymour.
Sergeant Graves entered service in June, 1941, and had been overseas three months. He had been awarded the Good Conduct Medal and Expert Infantryman Badge.
In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by one daughter, Barbara Andrew.
Photo Courtesy; Andrew Burton
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 10 January 1918
- Date of death: 28 September 1944
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Seymour
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Europe
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Good Conduct Medal, Expert Infantryman Badge, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Zion Hill Cemetery, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Andrew H. Graves
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.