Pvt McCoy was the son of Charles A. McCoy and Amanda Smith. He died of his wounds in Italy.
Crossville chronicle, July 20, 1944
Word has been received from the War Department by the family of Pvt. Andrew C. McCoy, who was wounded in action in Italy June 1st, that he died June 21st of his wounds. Pvt. McCoy was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. McCoy, Genesis. He attended Cumberland County High School for four years before entering the service on June 15, 1943. He was a good student and well like by all his classmates. His basic training took place at Camp Croft, S.C. and he had been in Italy since March, this year.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 March 1925
- Date of death: 21 June 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Genesis
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 31st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Turner Cemetery, Genesis, Cumberland County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Andrew C. McCoy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.