Andrew Byron Chambers died in Caniparola, Italy, on April 22, 1945
Buried in Taylor Cemetery, Jamestown, Fentress County, TN
Scott County News, December 3, 1948
The body of Pfc. Andrew Byron Chambers, who was killed at the age of 26 on April 22, 1945, in the vicinity of Camparola, Italy, while serving with Company I, 473d Infantry Regiment, has been returned here for re-burial.
Pfc. Chambers was the son of Mr. and Mrs. James B. Chambers now of Jamestown and formerly of Oneida.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 August 1918
- Date of death: 22 April 1945
- County: Fentress
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 473rd Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Taylor Cemetery, Jamestown, Fentress County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Andrew B. Chambers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.