Andrew Addler Ladd was born September 7, 1931, to Dosin and Lyla Ladd. He was raised in Bledsoe County at the family home on Highway 30 with his brothers, James L. Ladd, Litton Greer Ladd, Claud Laymond Ladd and sisters, Edna Mae Ladd, Myrtle Lee Ladd, and Eva Gene Ladd.
Andrew enlisted in the US Army on August 17, 1950, about a month before his 19th birthday. Recruit Ladd was assigned to the 3rd Armored Division, Tank Battalion at Ft. Knox, Kentucky.
He died on October 22, 1950 while stationed in Kentucky with his Battalion. Andrew was returned to his home in Pikeville, Tennessee, and buried at Blackburn Cemetery.
- Rank: Recruit
- Date of birth: 7 September 1931
- Date of death: 22 October 1950
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Armored Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Burial/Memorial Location: Blackburn Cemetery, Bledsoe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Andrew A. Ladd
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.