Private Anderson Andrew Wilburn was born on February 8, 1896. He was the son of Barney and Mary E. Wilburn. He was the brother of James H. Wilburn, Isaac Thomas Wilburn, Laura A. Wilburn, and Andrew Wilburn. He was the half-brother of Mary Elizabeth Wilburn, William L. Wilburn, and Nancy V. Wilburn.
Private Wilburn served in the 117th Infantry. He died in France on September 24, 1918. His body was returned to Tennessee on April 23, 1921 and buried the next day in Russell Family Cemetery in Blount County.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 February 1896
- Date of death: 24 September 1918
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Meryville, NC
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Russell Family Cemetery, Maryville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Anderson A. Wilburn
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.