Amon D. Wagner was born in 1917 in Stony For, Watauga County, North Carolina. He enlisted 26 February 1944 and served as a Private in 38th Infantry, 2nd Division. He died 19 Dec 1944 near Krinkelt-Rocherath in Belgium and is buried in Henri-Chapelle Permanent Cemetery, Belgium. Plot C – Row 6 – Grave 17.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 March 1917
- Date of death: 19 December 1944
- County: Carter
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Bottom Panel
- Sponsored by: John Romeiser
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.