Alvin R. Rollins is buried at Oise-Aisne American Cemetery and Memorial in France
Plot: Plot E, Row 3, Grave 51.
The cemetery section is maintained and groomed by cemetery caretakers, though it is hidden from view and kept far separate from the nearby four plots for the honored dead of World War I. Unlike the marble monuments and inscribed standing headstones of the regular plots, Plot E contains nothing but 96 flat stone markers (arranged in 4 rows) and a single small granite cross. The markers are the size of index cards and have nothing on them except sequential grave numbers engraved in black. No US flag is permitted to fly over the section, and the numbered graves literally lie with their backs turned to the hallowed ground of the main cemetery across the street. Visitors are not encouraged, and its existence is not mentioned on the cemetery website or guide pamphlets.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 5 December 1924
- Date of death: 31 May 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 306th Quartermaster Railhead Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oise-Aisne American Cemetery and Memorial, Fère-en-Tardenois, Picardie, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: John B. Romeiser
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.