Alvin L. Ballinger was born 23 July 1921. Pvt Ballinger entered the service in September, 1942 and received his training at Camp Carson in Colorado. He was sent to England in July and later went to France and Italy.
Pfc Ballinger was killed in action on 5 November 1944 in Italy. He was returned from Pietramala-Mt. Beni, Italy in 1948 and is buried at Knoxville National Cemetery.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 July 1921
- Date of death: 5 November 1944
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: New Market
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 339th Infantry Regiment, 85th Infantry Division, Company A
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Alvin L. Ballinger
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.