Alfred William Stephens was born on 19 January 1897 in Glen Obey, Tennessee, son of John M. Stephens. He was a farmer before his induction into military service on 5 September 1918 at Camp Wadsworth, Spartanburg, SC.
Private Stephens died of pneumonia on October 14, 1918 in France.
He is buried plot B, row 31, grave 18, at Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, Fere-en-Tardenois, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 19 January 1897
- Date of death: 14 October 1918
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Jamestown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, Fere-en-Tardenois, Picardie, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Alfred W. Stephens
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.