Alfred Banks was born in Limestone Cove to John Taylor Banks and Nannie Grindstaff. He went to Illinois about 1936 and was employed at Crystal Lake until he was inducted into the Army in the summer of 1943. He was in Training camps in Indiantown Gap. Pennsylvania and Camp Miles Standish in Taunton, Massachusetts, before going overseas in August, 1944, first sent to England and then to France where he served in the 100th Century Division. He was killed in action in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 December 1919
- Date of death: 2 December 1944
- County: Unicoi
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 100th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Banks Cemetery, Unicoi, Unicoi County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Alfred Banks
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.