Alexander Brown or James Alexander Brown was born in Baileyton, Tennessee, son of John R. Brown. He Joined the Army at the age of 27. He was shot with a handgun by a private from his unit and died while in surgery at the Camp Hospital at Douglas, Cochise County, Arizona.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 6 March 1888
- Date of death: 30 August 1917
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Fall Branch
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery C, 11th Field Artillery Regiment, 6th field artillery Brigade, 6th division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Zion United Methodist Church Cemetery, Baileyton, Greene County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James Alexander Brown
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.